We had a FABULOUS turnout for our Watch D.O.G.S Dads and Donuts!
Thank you to Will Van Teylingen who is out Top Dog this year. He has been so helpful!
If you were unable to join us for Dads and Donuts, below is some information to fill you in on the process!
What is Watch D.O.G.S.?
The Dads of Great Students (WATCH D.O.G.S.) program is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations designed and developed by educators, experts and parent & guardian volunteers over more than two decades.
There are over 5,5000 schools nationwide and internationally who participate in Watch D.O.G.S.
The program helps provide positive male role models for the students, and demonstrates by the presence of men on in our schools that education is important.
What does Watch DOGS look like at BUE?
- Dads and other father figures volunteer at BUE
- Sample Daily Schedule at BUE - can be adapted to fit individualized needs
- Volunteer time ranges from just a few hours to all day, depending on how much time dads/ father figures can spare
- The daily schedule focuses on time in your children's class and time in other classes too!
How much does it cost?
- It is free
What do Dads/Father Figures need to do to participate?
- Complete a back ground check to be a school volunteer
- The school district pays for you back ground check
- This back ground check last the whole year and will allow you to volunteer in all G16 Schools
Who else can participate?
- Dads and Stepdads
- Older Brothers
- any Father-figure in a BUE student's life
How do I get involved?
- Simply call the office at BUE and they will help you start the process (970) 285-5703